- Burgundy, the "IT" color - without a doubt burgundy will be the new black for the Fall. This color can be bold but it's definitely a color that we can recycled in future seasons! I'm already seeing fashion pieces in this color at the stores, from leather jackets to tiny jewelry pieces. Let's not forget about the manicures and pedicures because you can rock this color on your nails as well to create a fashion statement! Pair the rich wine color with any neutral colors and it's guaranteed to be a show stopper! Add some sharpness to the office scene and take suiting to the next level...to burgundy! I recently purchased a burgundy suit that I cannot wait to get in; I will be pairing the suit with a blush pink blouse. Fall Burgundy will also apply to the guys (well not the mani/pedi part)...you can enhance your normal white button-up shirt and dark denim jeans with a burgundy blazer and I promise you will be looking GQ all day to night!
|Fall Burgundy outfit created by From JP with Love via Polyvore.com|
- Dresses - Don't pack your summer dresses away yet! I'm sure we all have a blazer sitting somewhere in our closet, so just throw that over your summer dress and voila! Now you have an edgier dress look for the Fall.
- Sweaters and cardigans - This fall it's all about layering so dust off the sweaters in your closet and accessorize them with light-weight textural scarfs. If you want to be more adventurous, try some graphic sweaters (patterns or animations). The awesome thing about sweaters is that you can complete a cool look by simply matching it with a cute pair of jeans, leggings, bold scarf or even with your favorite pencil skirt - yep that's it! As for the misters, something as plain as a beige wool cardigan paired with a light blue button-up shirt over a pair of burgundy or dark denim jeans will sure make the ladies cozy up to you.
- Skinny jeans - I'm sure you all know why this item is so essential, simply because it's basically the staple for every woman's wardrobe these days and it is as important to some men too! Get a little frisky this Fall and incorporate some colored skinny jeans to your wardrobe like burgundy or mustard yellow. For some the guys who are bold enough to wear skinny jeans, you can combine them with a simple v-neck tee or the season's best plaid shirts.
- Pencil Skirts - Similar to the skinny jeans, pencil skirts are timeless. You can find your own look for the Fall in all shades of color and pattern. Of course you can never go wrong with black pencil skirts as you can pair them with pretty much anything. If you want to opt for a more edgier look, you can go with texture such as lace or beaded skirts. Now if you want to add some spice to your look, you can't go wrong with animal or floral prints. But if you do choose texture and prints over the classic black, ensure to keep it simple on top.
|Fall Pencil Skirt outfit created by From JP with Love via Polyvore.com|
- Silk or chiffon blouse - We loved our silk/chiffon blouses for the summer but sista, these sexy tops are staying for the Fall as well! Instead of your pastel and floral prints that were presented in the Summer blouses, Fall silk/chiffon blouses are more tailored and have a vintage touch to them. Some aspects we will see in these blouses are bold collars, ruffles, bows, and neutral tones.
- Trench coat - If you own one, bring them back out as this item is reappearing on the cat walk once again. If you don't own one, then what you are you waiting for? Trench coat is a great investment as this is one of those fashion pieces that defy all fashion trends and remain timeless! The Classic Trench is versatile with any look and not only that, it keeps us dry from the rain. ;)